STAG sailed the Collin Archer Memorial race from Lauwersoog (NL) to Larvik (N) in 2016 and cruised down the Swedish west coast archipelago and the Gotta kanal to the east coast. After a winterstop in Naveskvarn we started sailing again in the Stockholm archipelago in April 2017, training for this years runt.
STAG is a swedish build cruiser-racer and sailed the AFG in 2013.
Let me introduce the crew:
- Michael Cewers: a Gotland Runt expert, local STAG manager and what not! He sailed with STAG the Gotland Runt in 2013 and we have been sailing together many times in his boat Notre Dame and STAG
- Michael Brobjer: friend of Michael Cewers is a very experienced sailor and sailed with Michael Cewers the Gotland Runt a couple of times. He sailed over Atlantic, at the Caribbean. Michael and Michael will take us through the archipelago start of the race.
- Arend van de Stadt: fore-deck expert and sailed with STAG many times. Last race in 2016 from NL to Norway. Arend and I sailed the Fastnet in 2015
- Dick Loman: trimmer, go-fast expert and daredevil. Sailed the Atlantic with me in 2014 and the Sydney-Hobart in 2015 with the King's Legend (Swan 65, former whitbread racer). Arend and Dick will make sure we have the spi up as much as possible.
- Arnold Smeulders, co-owner of STAG. Sailed the NL-Norway race and trained in Stockholm Archipelago allready end of April
- Geleyn Meijer, skipper and co-owner. I race anything with a sail on it. Raced AFR many times on board Notre Dame a skippered STAG in 2013. Arnold and I will make sure we get to the start in the first place and make the right turns out there.